The Black Barn
8 Guests • 3 Bedrooms • 4 Beds • 2 Baths
What Our Guests Say
About This Space
Escape to the beauty of Huron National Forest with this brand-new, one-story Scandinavian inspired ranch. With a rustic modern interior, open floor plan, and cozy wood-burning stove, this rental is the perfect place to unwind and recharge. Nestled deep in the woods and located near the Forest Dunes Golf Club, you are a stroke away from playing on one of the most renown golf courses in the United States.
Take advantage of your access to shared common areas that feature a bocce ball court, horseshoe pits, volleyball court, and grills for outdoor barbecuing. Not to mention access to hundreds of miles of public trails, there are plenty of opportunities to enjoy the great outdoors. Better yet, the Uncommon Ranch provides extreme privacy and serenity so you can be sure that your stay will be peaceful and relaxing.
Come experience the best of Northern Michigan in this beautiful and truly unique property!
The Black Barn reflects a barndominium dream getaway. Simple, modern, and luxurious. It provides a contemporary connection to mother nature that most rental retreats wish they had. Forget the tourist approach and enjoy the true peace and wildlife the environment has to offer while staying close to multiple attractions and recreational activities.
Enjoy a cold beverage on the large deck or by the fire pit in the evening with good company surrounded by the clean air the red pines provide.
Inside you move freely and quickly from room to room of the barndominium. With the bedrooms on opposing sides allowing for early risers and night owls to collaborate blissfully while not waking the dreamers.
Great size for a few couples, a couple small families, or a large group.
While there are almost no options for cabs, Uber or Lyft rides, once you are here you’ll find that the best places to visit you do on foot, in a boat, or on your favorite wheeled (or tracked) vehicle.
Other Things to Note
This off-grid, sustainable beauty lies in the heart of the Huron-Mantisee National Forest. There is more to do here than you could do in a month, so come stay a while and enjoy everything the great outdoors (and this spectacular little home) has to offer.
• ~3.5 miles away from the South Branch of the legendary Au Sable river. These ‘holy waters’ are a favorite destination for canoers and anglers alike.
• If you were a crow, you could fly directly East and in a half mile land in one of the best, most beautiful golf courses in North America. Forest Dunes, recently having its Loop course rated as the #83 best in the world, provides a nice, elegant, and upscale retreat from the otherwise pristine woods.
• Unlike most parts of the country, much of the area here is State or Federal lands. You can very literally leave this home, jump on the trails and go East to Lake Huron, West to Lake Michigan, or head North to Cheboygan or Petosky and never touch private property. It is a hiker’s, snowmobiler’s, off-roader’s or cross country skier’s paradise.
• Hartwick Pines State Park is a beautiful destination that shows what the land in Michigan would look like if it was never lumbered. Head to this historic site and go back in time while enjoying the land that time (or at least the lumberers) forgot.
• Lakes, rivers, nearly 2M acres of both State and National Forests – if you love the outdoors, or just want to get away from the crush of the city or suburban life, this is the place for you.
Book with confidence knowing we offer a full refund 30 days prior to arrival. Cancellations made after this time period are subject to a partial refund. Please read through the details on the booking page for more information.
While the home is deep in the woods, we would like our guests to avoid brining firearms for target shooting. We enjoy the quiet, and want to aboid people unintentionally shooting in the direction of another home (all of which ar ehidden deep in the woods).
Have a large group and need to rent multiple properties? We offer combination discounts, contact us to learn more.
2 King Beds
2 Queen Beds
Washer & Dryer
Private Backyard & Patio
Check-In: 3:00PM – 10:00PM
No Parties or Events